Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello and Welcome

Hello to whomever is reading this... honestly I don't expect it to be anyone except maybe my Mum... if she can figure out how to look at a blog. Anyway, I am starting this to chronicle my attempts at increasing my baking skills. I am an engineer by trade but I love to cook and bake, more bake than cook of course since I have a wicked sweet tooth. I 'volunteered' to make cupcakes for my nieces birthday which is coming up in about 6 weeks, the theme of the party is 'Barbie' so I got all excited and started googling away only to find that there are some absolutely AMAZING bakers out there, many who keep a blog. So I thought why not! I am by no means a professional baker, I cannot use a piping bag to save myself and a lot of times whilst the end result is tasty, they look nothing like the picture. So my aim is to be able to teach myself the skills to eventually become someone whose tasty creations have people oohing and ahhing over them. Those triumphs and of course many many failures will be pictured in this blog, so if you are reading this - ENJOY =)

No comments:

Post a Comment