Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Thumbprint Cookies

For those of me who know me I have a bit of a Nigella Lawson obsession... now don't worry its nothing that's going to have me wandering the streets of London trying to find her house, partially because I live in Australia and partially because that's just creepy. I mean that her cookbooks always inspire me to bake and cook new and tasty treats. When reading through one of her cookbooks she mentioned a late night Amazon.com habit that I completely relate too, and my credit card can attest too. Well, she referenced an author called 'Tish Boyle' whom I promptly went online and googled her (gotta love google) and then got the credit card out and bought 2 of her cook books:
The Good Cookie
The Cake Book
Both are predominately recipes with only a few photos at odd intervals, which personally I am not really fond of, I like to know what my cooking/baking should look like. Anyway, that being said I tried a few recipes from 'The Good Cookie' which turned out really yummy, then the book was put back on my bookshelf and forgotten about whilst I let everything else in life interfere with my love of baking. So tonight, I decided that I would celebrate my very first blog by making some cookies. After pouring through 'The Good Cookie' I settled on the Chocolate Pecan Thumbprint Cookies, mostly because I had all the ingredients on hand =) The cookies were all supposed to be rolled in egg white and then in crushed pecans... well after about 8 cookies all the pecans were stuck together and so I decided just to make them plain and drizzle chocolate over them instead. The cookies themselves were really dense and fudgy, I used regular cocoa instead of the dutched cocoa the recipe called for so they had a little bite to them. All in all 4 out of 5 stars.
P.S They were called Thumbprint Cookies as I was supposed to roll them in a ball and then put a 'thumbprint' depression in the center of the cookie, I decided to flatten them out instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment